Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Like the National Park Foundation

As I'm sure many of you know, every organization under the sun as a page on Facebook now. This includes several groups associated with the National Parks, like the National Park Service, the National Park Foundation, Recreation.gov, the Bureau of Land Management, etc., etc.  Well, since I particularly like these organizations, I "liked" their pages on Facebook. Well, this paid off for me with the National Park Foundation. Every Friday, they have a Fan Friday contest, where they randomly choose one of their twitter or Facebook followers to receive a Fan Friday prize pack. This prize back includes: a t-shirt, baseball cap, bumper sticker, tote bag, button, and an America the Beautiful Park Pass (worth $80). Well, a few Fridays back, I won!! I was super excited because I freaking love the parks and well because I never win anything. Pictures of me with my NPF gear can be found below.

I want to add here that the National Park Foundation was chartered by congress in 1967 and is the official charity for the national parks. It is a charity I donated to earlier this year. I encourage all of you to donate to this charity since they are a big part of preserving these natural places. Visit their website www.nationalparks.org to make a donation today. And like the National Park Foundation on Facebook. You too could win a Fan Friday prize pack, or one of the other prizes they offer, including trips to some of the National Parks.

My button, placed proudly on my bag for work.

My t-shirt and hat

Bumper sticker



Tote bag, made from recycled plastic bottles.




The America the Beautiful Park Pass, which covers entrance
fees to the parks that charge them. We get one every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment