Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday National Park Service!!!

Today is the 95th birthday of the National Park Service!! On this day in 1916, President Woodrow Wilson signed into law the National Park Service Organic Act. You can read it online if you would like (click here). It just so happens, I wore my National Park Foundation t-shirt today, what a super coincidence. More about how I got my t-shirt and other NPF gear in another post. I'm excited to know that my birthday is only 3 days after the National Park Service's birthday. Happy Birthday National Park Service!!! I'm sure glad you exist :)



On another note, I live right outside of Washington, D.C. and experienced what is being called the "East Coast Earthquake". I was in my lab and the building definitely swayed. Scared the crap out of me. Everything is fine though where I work and live. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the Washington Monument, which sustained damages from the earthquake. The Washington Post has an article you can check out with pictures so you can see the damage (click here). Let's hope they can get this fixed soon so the public can enjoy it again.


2 comments:

  1. If you want more swag check out arrowheadstore.com . If you have any trouble because you aren't an employee let me know and you can use my info.

    ReplyDelete