Saturday, July 2, 2011

Acadia National Park-Getting There

Hi all. I've been back from Acadia Natiaonal Park for about a week and meant to post sooner, but.....my computer went to computer heaven. So hubby and I have been having to share his laptop until his new one comes in next week. Now that I have a moment, I thought I would do a quick post on our drive up there. 

On the drive up, we decided to stop in Syracuse, New York so the hubby and I could visit a good friend of ours, Kelsey. Kelsey is a fellow biologist who is doing a post-doc at Syracuse University. We used to hang out with her and her fiance Jonah all the time when they lived down in D.C., but now that they both moved away, we don't get to see them very often, which makes me very sad :(  So, of course I jumped at the chance to go see her! Kelsey was a wonderful hostess, as always. We had some buffalo chicken wing brats topped with sauerkraut and with a side of coleslaw, it was delicious. She took us to downtown Syracuse to have a beer at The Blue Tusk. It was a pretty cool little bar with a lot of beer on tap. It was a great evening with good company.

Kelsey and I all prettied up for a friend's wedding.



We had to leave early the next morning to ensure we would get to the campground to have enough light to set up camp. We enjoyed really enjoyed our drive through New York, Massachusetts, a tiny bit of New Hampshire, and finally Maine.




The hubby and I love the New England area, and Maine was no exception. It is absolutely beautiful. We got a few shots while driving over the bridge to Bucksport, Maine. 






We got to the campground around 5pm. There was a nice long line of people checking in, but thankfully, we had made a reservation, so we got checked in quickly. We went to our site and set up the tent and cooked us some dinner. 


Hubby setting up the tent.

On the way to check out the bathrooms, we found this little gem, a pink lady slipper, which is technically an orchid. I was super excited to see one of these in the wild.


The pink lady slipper.

As the sun set, we were excited to be in the park and looked forward to beginning to explore the area the next day.

Sun setting behind the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment