Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The ride home-A Christmas Story

So, this is a long overdue post. Sorry for the hiatus, I was preparing for my candidacy advancement exams, which I'm happy to say I passed!!

So, after our wonderful trip, we had to come back to reality and head home. The first night we made it to a KOA in Nebraska. Now, I sure there are people who love Nebraska, but it was not my favorite state. Mostly because the region we drove thru was flat and mostly boring. Also, because of the seemingly constant threat of tornados. When we camped that night, the weather was bad and I was scared. As a result, we sat in the laundry room in the KOA until the storm passed. Thanks but no thanks Nebraska.

The next day we drove and made it to Indiana, right before we hit Ohio. After a bad night the previous night, we treated ourselves and got a hotel. We drove across the Michigan border, got ourselves some Chinese food and returned to the hotel to sleep in an actual bed.

Ok, so now, here's the fun part, for my husband anyway. My hubby is a big fan of the movie "A Christmas Story". He watches it every Christmas. Well, the actual house where the movie was filmed is in Cleveland, Ohio. I had promised him before the trip that if we went on this trip, we would stop and see the house. Well, we did, along with the museum and gift shop. I was thinking "How busy could this place possibly be? How many people actually like this movie to the extent they need to visit the house?"
The answer, apparently a lot.

The outside of the house.


Hubby posing with the Christmas tree inside.


Hubby and the well known leg lamp.


Hubby and I with the leg lamp.




I told hubby before this shot that he better pose because we were because he wanted to be and he was going to take lots of pictures.





















After we were all done visiting, we drove the rest of the way home.

Well, it was great remembering the fun we had on that trip. Now that I'm not stressing over super important tests, I can hopefully write more. Also, this summer should be good since hubby and I plan to do a lot of camping, with a big trip planned to Acadia National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment